The mission of the American Decency Association is to educate its members and the general public on matters of decency; to initiate, promote, encourage, and coordinate activity designed to safeguard and advance public morality consistent with biblical Christianity. And most importantly, as Christians, to love Jesus Christ and to do His will - to “Pursue holiness without which no man shall see the Lord.” [Hebrews 12:14]
That, indeed, is the mission of the American Decency Association.
We are a 501(c)3, non-profit, Christian-based organization. As a result, we cannot, under law, endorse candidates.
We aren’t limited, however, in our ability to educate, inform, and stir hearts to understand the times so you can prayerfully know what to do. That is a significant burden on our hearts.
You can see that burden being lived out by this ministry in several ways recently. Let me name just a few.
(1) Our broad-based distribution of the powerfully informative two hour DVD, “One Nation Under God,” provided free of charge (we ask only the cost of shipping and handling). Well over one thousand copies have been sent out upon request all across the nation.
(2) Our significant and continuing efforts to distribute the DVD - “Agenda: Grinding America Down” which seriously documents the moral/spiritual slide of America.
(3) Hosting Curtis Bowers, the producer of “Agenda,” as one of the featured speakers at our summer conference. Bowers was incredibly well-received by our audience.
(4) We have made significant efforts to come alongside pastors throughout our most immediate area: the state of Michigan. We hosted breakfasts, lunches, and dinners all across the state to an almost non-existent response from pastors - despite letters, emails, and calls to over a thousand pastors.
(5) I received the support of a highly regarded pastor and president of a theologically conservative seminary in Michigan who stood with me in writing a letter to like-minded conservative pastors throughout the state of Michigan, inviting them to a one hour meeting at the seminary. The letter went out to nearly 100 pastors asking them to RSVP for a meeting in April. Only one pastor responded. The meeting was cancelled.
(6) Another aspect of this ministry that has particularly characterized us since God, through you His people, blessed us with our ministry headquarters is the showing of relevant, significant documentaries and simulcast conferences. Here are but a few:
- Geert Wilder’s Warning to the West
- IndoctriNation - Public Schools and the Decline of Christianity in America
- Act Like Men: A Titanic Lesson in Manliness
- Doing the Right Thing, simulcast with Chuck Colson
- Breaking the Spiral of Silence, simulcast with Chuck Colson
- One Nation Under God, simulcast
- Men of Honor, simulcast with Sherwood Pictures ministry team (producers of Courageous)
- and many other powerful presentations
I came across this quote from former U.S. Senate Chaplain Richard C. Halverson who wrote the following:
The indifferent man plays into the hands of the enemies of righteousness. He is always vulnerable to the diabolical exploitation of evil. He was then, and he is today.
God save us from the terrible corrosion of indifference.
Indifference. We hear it and we see it here and across our embattled America.
“The indifferent man plays into the hands of the enemies of righteousness.” Much could be developed from that. Let me give just one example.
Several of us here have been volunteers in a call center recently helping to identify “Values Voters.” We are not endorsing any candidate, but just asking four simple questions. (1) Who are you intending to vote for for President of the United States? (2) Who are you intending to vote for for U.S. Senate? (3) Under President Obama is the economy improved, about the same or worse? (4) Which of the following issues are of most concern to you: the sanctity of life, traditional marriage, or Religious Freedom, all of the above, none of the above?
As we listen to the answers (we don’t interject our views), it is apparent that there are massive numbers of people who are clueless regarding what’s at stake in this beleaguered country.
I personally have never been so convinced of the importance of opposing indifference!
This indifference - this lazy thinking - assumes that all will work out because it always has.
Some don’t even realize that we are on the verge of losing our religious freedoms, our freedom of speech, our national security.
Will you combat indifference within your own sphere of influence? One place to start is to order the DVD “One Nation Under God” referenced above and circulate it far and wide to your family and friends. Educate others about what is at stake for our nation if we are complacent to the attacks upon family, faith, and freedom.
Click here to order “One Nation Under God” today!
To support our efforts please click hereor mail your gift to American Decency Association (ADA), PO Box 202, Fremont, MI 49412.
American Decency Association is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.